Grande Prairie Public Library - discover the possibilities
How Do I?
Library Materials Loan Period
Most library materials including DVDs and bestsellers, may be borrowed for three weeks, and may be renewed for three weeks in person or on the phone, unless requested by another user.
Photocopier & Fax Services
The Library offers a photocopier and fax machine for use by the public. The photocopier is coin operated and copies are 20 cents per page. Change is available at the Customer Services desk. The fee to use the fax machine is $1.00 for the first page and 50 cents for each additional.
Requests & Holds
Is the item you’re looking for signed out to another Library user? Make sure you receive it next by placing a request for it!
To request an item, select the title in the online catalogue, view its full record and click on Place Request. You will need to enter your library barcode and PIN number (last 4 digits of your phone number) to authorize the request.
When an item that has been requested is returned, it is tagged and put on the holds shelf under the requester’s name for five days. We will let you know by phone or email when your materials are ready to be picked up.
Audio-Listening & Video-Viewing Stations Guidelines GENERAL RULES
Audio-Listening & Video-Viewing Stations Guidelines
GENERAL RULESThe purpose of the audio listening, video viewing stations is to allow Library patrons to preview and use the audio- visual collections in the Library.
2. Two users are allowed at the listening and viewing stations at one time. Headphones must be worn while using the listening and viewing Stations. Patrons are encouraged to use their own headphones. Headphone sets can be purchased at the circulation desk at $ 2.00 each.
4. If others are waiting to use the stations, viewing/listening time may be limited.
5. Courtesy is expected of all viewers; noisy or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
PROCEDURES1. The four DVD/CD players can be used by library patrons at the audio/video stations on ‘first come first served’ basis.
2. The sign-up sheet is located at the reference desk. The patron is required to sign his name and leave a valuable item (cell-phone, car keys, piece of ID, etc.) with the reference staff.
3. The time allocated for one-time usage is up to 2 hours.
4. The staff reserves the right to terminate the usage of the station by anyone who did not follow the sign-up procedure.
5. Headphones must be worn while using the stations.